Patented Karmyn™ Protein is extracted in its whole undamaged native state from the safflower seed. No harsh chemicals or enzymes are used in this process, providing a safe, highly sustainable, plant-based alternate to cosmetic scientists. The following information is meant to guide and provide a general approach for formulators in using Karmyn™ Protein.
Getting started with Karmyn™ Protein
1. Add Karmyn™ Protein at a temperature less than or equal to 60°C.
2. Pre-mix Karmyn™ Protein powder with glycerin before adding to the product. This will result in some haze in the final product.
3. Use a propeller to disperse Karmyn™ Protein pre-mixed in glycerin. Low speed homogenation can also be used.
4. Use within a pH range of 3.5 - 6.5.
5. For better skin and hair substantivity, use at pH 3.5 - 4.0.